The Triple Laser Package is a complete skin rejuvenation treatment that includes the IPL Photofacial, Laser MicroPeel and Profractional Laser.
Maintenance of results
All patients will benefit from Light Triple Laser Treatment every 3 to 6 months. Pigment regulators and Sunblock should be started after 2 weeks. All skin care products may be restarted after 2 week
Cosmetic Check List – Additional Procedures that may help in Rejuvenating you skin
- MicroPeel- Every Month
- Facials- Every Month
- Botox- Every 3 Months
- Profractional Laser- Every 3 to 6 Months
- Facial Fillers- Every Year
Post Treatment Instructions
- Most patients will benefit from a Triple Laser Treatment (or one component of the triple) every 3 to 6 months so be sure to pre-book your next appointment
- Your skin will appear sun-burned when you leave the office. Patients treated with more aggressive settings will have points of bleeding which will stop within 1 to 5 hours after the treatment. Skin may ooze yellow fluid. Gently wash/dab it off.
- The day after the procedure, your skin will appear light pink where the damaged skin was removed. The brown sun-damaged spots will flake off over a course of 5 to 10 days. Patients treated with more aggressive settings will be a darker pink color which may take up to a full week to resolve.
- A crust or scab may appear for 3-5 days. When the crust or scab separates, the underlying skin will be very smooth and quite reddish/pink in color.
- You can expect about an 80 to 90 percent improvement in brown and red pigmentation spots after only ONE treatment. “Touch Up” IPL appointments are charged at 25 dollars and are performed after 3 to 4 weeks (but no later than 6 weeks)
- Some patients may experience significant swelling, particularly if they have a lot of pigmentation problems
- Most patients return to work in 3 to 5 day. Patients with more aggressive treatments will need up 5 to 7 days before returning to work.
Daily Care and Expectations
Day 1 (Day of Procedure)
Immediately following the procedure, you will experience a burning sensation similar to what you might feel if you had a mild sunburn. This feeling might last 1-5 hours. Patients treated with more aggressive settings may experience this feeling for up to 24 hours. Cool compresses should be applied as needed to decrease the feeling of heat in your skin. Postlaser Ointment will be applied by your nurse after your procedure. Leave that on until the next morning. Reapply the ointment as needed to keep your skin generously moist.
Day 2 (Day after Your Procedure)
Gently wash your face and apply a very light coat of post-laser cream (Apres Peel Hydrating Balm) in the morning and repeat twice during the day. Reapply the post-laser cream if your face feels dry. Do not apply a thick coat, however, make sure that there is always some ointment on your face.
You may start to shower and wash your hair. Use a gentle soap. Repeat the instructions of day 2. Gently wash your face 3x per day and apply the post-laser cream to keep your skin moist.
Start Vinegar Soaks to help remove the brown sun damaged spots: Mix 1 cup of warm water with half a cup of white vinegar. Soak a wash cloth and rest in on your face for 10 to 20 minutes. Hot showers and steam also will help the removal of the brown spots. You can repeat the Vinegar Soaks and steam showers a few times during the day and the next day to facilitate removal of brown spots.
After Day 5
Restart moisturizers and sun block after 7 to 10 days. Avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks (wear a hat and stay in shade).
Follow-up Appointments (for IPL virgins)
- First appointment – 2 days after your Triple procedure
- Second appointment- 1 weeks after your Triple procedure
- Third appointment- 3weeks after your Triple procedure ( touch-ups are performed at this visit )
- IPL Photofacials are recommended to be performed every 3 to 6 months
Risks and Complications include but are not limited to: