With cosmetic procedures, discerning clients want results that are natural looking and that last a substantial period of time. While these benefits can vary among the array of possible treatments, some of the best in the marketplace to accomplish this combination are the collagen stimulators. Sculptra Aesthetic is a proven, FDA-approved collagen stimulator and it’s also the first facial injectable that replaces lost collagen deep within your skin structure. The result — natural looking restoration of fullness in shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds in the nasolabial area, chin, around your mouth, temples and other areas.
There are three types of facial injectables: toxins, traditional fillers, and collagen stimulators. Sculptra Aesthetic is a collagen stimulator. It’s biocompatible and biodegradable and made from a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body as it works to replace lost collagen.
Sculptra is used to correct deep wrinkles, lines, folds, hollows by restoring volume to these facial areas:
- Deep folds or “smile lines” between the nose and the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- The lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- Temples which may lose volume and give you a hollow look as you age
- Deformities and other issues relating to surgery (hollows/depression scars at surgical site)
- Chin wrinkles
How Sculptra Aesthetic Works
Sculptra Aesthetic goes to the source of facial aging by targeting one of the biggest underlying causes: depletion of collagen. Collagen is a key structural component of our skin. As we age, we begin to lose collagen within the deep dermis, causing wrinkles, hollows and folds to form on the face. Sculptra Aesthetic is an injectable that reinforces your skin’s structure by helping to replace lost collagen. As the collagen builds, it props up the skin where it was previously hollow, wrinkled or folded.
The most common side effects after initial treatment include injection site swelling, tenderness, redness, pain, bruising, bleeding, itching and lumps. Other side effects may include small lumps under the skin that are sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, some with delayed onset with or without inflammation or skin discoloration, have also been reported.
Who is a Candidate for Sculptra Aesthetic?
Sculptra can be injected by a trained physician or healthcare professional into people with healthy immune systems.
How Much Does Sculptra Aesthetic Cost?
- There are a few factors that figure into how much treatment with Sculptra Aesthetic will cost. Some of these include:
- How much Sculptra Aesthetic (number of vials) is used per treatment
- The degree of correction you and your healthcare professional decide upon
- The best way to determine your individual cost is by scheduling a complimentary consultation with Aesthetica. Generally, each vial is $900.
Contact Aesthetica today for your consultation!