The “baby bump”…it’s so exciting to see your body changing as your baby is growing, and it’s obvious to the world that you are anticipating a new bundle of joy. Then, your baby arrives; it’s life-changing and joyous. But, as the baby grows, and more babies are born, your face and body can experience changes that make you feel less attractive than you were before you had children. While dieting and proper nutrition can help, there are plenty of other options to help women reclaim their bodies.
Reclaim Your Pre-Children Body
While you love your children dearly, you might not love what the process has done to your body. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, lack of sleep and all the other demands of raising children can affect women’s bodies in many ways, leaving them struggling to reclaim their pre-pregnancy body and face. A Mommy Makeover may be just the ticket some mothers need to regain confidence in their post-baby bodies. Created by Dr. Phillip Chang, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at the Aesthetica Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Center in Leesburg, VA, the Mommy Makeover includes several cosmetic surgical procedures to treat areas most affected by pregnancy, such as the abdomen, breasts, thighs and back. Dr. Chang created the Mommy Makeover after consulting with many women who wanted to feel happy and confident with their appearance again.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Chang’s Mommy Makeover restores many of the more youthful properties women had before they became mothers. The procedures include:
- Breast Augmentation and or lift to restore natural fullness. Breast augmentation surgery involves using breast implants or fat, referred to as fat transfer breast augmentation, to increase the size of your breasts or restore breast volume that has been lost after pregnancy. Breast augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts. If you want your breasts to look fuller and to be lifted due to sagging, a breast lift may be required in conjunction with breast augmentation. Breast lifting can often be done at the same time as your augmentation or may require a separate operation. Dr. Chang would assist in making this decision.
- Tummy Tuck to restore a flat abdomen and get rid of stretch marks. This procedure removes excess fat and skin and, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
- Liposuction to get rid of back fat and saddlebags. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion.
- Photofacials and Profractional Laser procedures to reduce sun damage and fine lines. Photo facial is a generic term for a skin treatment that uses light-based technology. Photo facials (sometimes called foto facials) have a number of different uses, but are mostly used for treating brown spots, broken capillaries, and boosting collagen.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic to reduce facial wrinkles. BOTOX Cosmetic is a non-surgical treatment that helps temporarily improve the moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, Sculptra are injectable fillers used to reduce fine lines or restore facial volume.
The Mommy Makeover procedures can be discussed in detail with Dr. Chang during an office consultation. One, two or a combination of several of these procedures can make you look and feel younger and more attractive. Dr. Chang is a highly-experienced plastic surgeon who is also caring, compassionate and who knows what pregnancy and child-rearing can do to a woman’s face and body. He listens, he explains every procedure carefully, takes the time to answer all your questions, and helps you develop a plan that will give you the results you want.